I know living in Atlanta I absolutely took for granted seeing good friends and family very often. Being here in New York, with only the comfort of Trent, I quickly realize how much I miss hanging out with the special people in my life. So when I found out I was going to get to see not just one, but two friends, in one week here in New York, I was ecstatic!
First, Ashley and her mom were in New York City for market for their store Rumor in Macon, GA and so I jumped at the opportunity to get to have dinner with them and stay the night in the city. I was already going to be in the city that day for the taping of Dr. Oz, so I just met up with them afterwards at their hotel and we went to a delicious dinner at Buddakan. Ashley and her mom have been to this restaurant before, but its one of their favorites, and I understand why! It was soooooo good! I told Trent we will definitely have to go there for a date night soon.
I have already warned you all that I am horrible at remembering to take pictures, so in an effort to keep this blog interesting, I may be forced to "borrow" photos of the internet to capture the whole experience.
Here is a picture of Ashley and I at dinner - doesn't it look like we are in a library?! We joked that this photo backdrop would have come in handy in college! "See mom, we were at the library studying!"
We had a great waitor who recommended a lot of great things -and we also picked a few of Ashley and her mom's favs as well. It is the type of place where you order a bunch of stuff and everyone shares.
We started out with an interesting but amazing cocktail - called the FEVER: fidencio mezcal, lime, jalapeno, and pomegranate. It was basically a Pomegranate Jalapeno Margarita. All three of us ordered one!
I am listing what we ordered, mainly, so that if I go back I have some record of what we got!
The Edamame Dumplings
Glazed Alaskan Black Cod
Tuna Tartare Spring Roll
We also got the Charred Filet of Beef and the Sweet and Crispy Jumbo Shrimp. And then we finished it off with the most AMAZING dessert - the Dark Chocolate Fondant - with roasted sour cherries and pistachio ice cream. Ummmmmm - my mouth is water writing this! THANK YOU ASHLEY AND JUDY FOR A MOST WONDERFUL AND MUCH NEEDED NIGHT OUT WITH FRIENDS FROM HOME!
And then literally the NEXT night, I got to see Clay!! Clay was in town for work and was staying a little closer to West Point - he was basically a little less than half way between NYC and West Point, so Trent and I met up with him for dinner and drinks! Such a great night catching up with Clay - and it forced Trent and I to explore a new area of town for dinner. We met him in Nyack which is on the Hudson, same side of the river as West Point. Trent and I had driven through there back in March when we were looking for places to live, but in the Winter and morning time, this area of town did not seem as happening and welcoming as it does in the summer/fall. Trent kept saying that this area of town was a young, fun area and that I would like it, but because of our expierence in March I was hesitant and can say I didn't really believe him. But I admit, he proved me wrong. We had a great time, and I loved the area. It was about a 30 minute drive for us, but I am sure we will be venturing out to these restaurants a lot more now. Thanks Clay for getting us out and exploring - and thanks for coming to visit - I can't explain enough how wonderful and refreshing it is for me to see friendly faces up here!!
We had a few restaurants to choose from, but we ended up just staying at the one we stopped in first for a drink, called Bourbon Street. The food was really good and the company great as well!
So I say that Ashley and Clay were my first 2 visitors - even though they werent really in town to visit ME - I still claim it! When we left dinner with Clay, I told Trent that I felt so much better after seeing friends this week - I felt like my tank got refueled. Again, the little things I took for granted at home - but now mean so much!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment