My mom had a few days off work, and quickly booked a trip up to visit. It has just been eating my mom up that she wasn't there to help Trent and I move in, and she was dying to get up to see where her "baby" lives! I hadn't started working yet, and was thrilled to have her visit - keep me company, and selfishly help me get some stuff done around the house (gotta love moms!). Her visit was fast - we never even made it to Manhattan to explore the big city. Next time I guess!
Mom was so proud and excited to share in the excitement of West Point - a co-worker gave her this sweatshirt, and she was thrilled to surprise Trent and I! (she's going to kill me for sharing this photo!)
My mom has a dream of one day hiking the entire Appalachian Trail, so she was excited to be able to hike part of the trail that was right near West Point. So Saturday morning, Trent, my mom, and myself set out to hike the popular and not too difficult trail called "Anthony's Nose".
The view from the top.
Below is the Bear Mountain Bridge
A lot of the trip was just showing mom around the grounds of historic West Point Academy.
The rest of the trip was spent with my mom helping me do a lot of things that I have needed to get done - we went to the mall to do Trent and I's wedding registry, we shopped for curtains, hung the curtains, got a new rug for the living room and helped me make a frame and chalkboard, and planted some plants in the front garden beds. Photos of all this stuff on another post...to be continued!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment